Saturday, 29 July 2017

• Double Chocolate Chip Banana Quinoa Muffins! •


As you may have seen if you follow me on Instagram I made these beautiful delicious totally not healthy for you muffins. Don't be fooled by the quinoa! However, they are vegan! Every time we cook quinoa for dinner all I can think of is chocolate chip muffins because I originally started making non-vegan muffins back in 2012 or 2013 from the Quinoa 365 cook book. It's both a blessing & a curse?

My spouse brought some of the muffins to work a couple of weeks ago and they were a hit with the non-vegans. They couldn't believe it! So if you're completely against not having animal product in your baked goods.. Don't worry you won't even tell the difference. I promise. If you can, please leave a nasty comment below! LOL I promise I will not delete as I would have deserved it for promising you something & it not turning out as planned.

These Chocolate Banana Quinoa Muffins can even be a breakfast muffin! You probably think I'm crazy but honestly, all the goodness inside is probably better for you than the sugary cereals on the market!
 

Directions:

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Lightly spray a muffin pan with baking spray
(I used coconut oil spray).

In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, brown & granulated sugars, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Stir in quinoa and chocolate chips. In a separate mixer bowl, mix mashed banana & flaxseed eggs until well blended. 
Mix the banana & egg mixture into the dry mixture. Using a standard sized ice cream scoop, distribute the batter into the greased muffin pan. Place in oven and bake for about 18 - 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the muffins comes out clean.





I hope you enjoy & try this recipe out! If you do I would love if you tagged me in the photo so I can see your creation! 


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Millennial Motherhood. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig